Definition of Internasal suture
1. Noun. The suture between the two nasal bones.
Generic synonyms: Fibrous Joint, Sutura, Suture
Group relationships: Nose, Olfactory Organ
Medical Definition of Internasal suture
1. Line of union between the two nasal bones. Synonym: sutura internasalis. (05 Mar 2000)
Internasal Suture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Internasal Suture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Internasal Suture
Literary usage of Internasal suture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy: A Manual for Students and Practitioners. by Fred John Brockway, Andrew O'Malley (1893)
"The internal border meets its fellow in a somewhat irregular internasal suture, which commonly deviates to one side at the upper end. ..."
2. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1887)
"The nasal arch is convex from side to side, concave from above downward, presenting in the median line the internasal suture formed between the nasal bones ..."
3. Description of a New Species of Sea Snake from the Philippine Islands: With by John Van Denburgh, Joseph Cheesman Thompson (1908)
"22064. Nase, Amami O shima, Loo Choo Islands, Japan. Description.—In general similar to A. spinalis. The internasal suture is about equal to that of the ..."
4. The Century Dictionary: An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language by William Dwight Whitney (1891)
"... effected chiefly by their palatal plates and alveolar borders.—Internasal suture, Ihe suture between the right and left nasal bones,— ..."
5. The Journal of Anatomy and Physiology by Anatomical Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1906)
"... two unequal portions by a longitudinal suture which leaves the internasal suture about the junction of its middle and anterior thirds. HRDLICKA (Ivi. ..."
6. Lippincott's Medical dictionary: A Complete Vocabulary of the Terms Used in by Ryland W. Greene, Joseph Thomas (1906)
"Situated between the nasal l>ones : as, internasal suture. I. plate. Same as FRONTONASAL MATE. Interne. See INTERN. ..."