¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Intervillage
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Intervillage Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Intervillage
Literary usage of Intervillage
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Back Blocks of China: A Narrative of Experiences Among the Chinese by Robert Logan Jack (1904)
"... tower—Village of Ta Pu-dza—Valley of Mai-Tzu Ping—Lolo villages—intervillage warfare—An old grudge —Kai-Ja Pu-dza—Capons—Feminine curiosity—Prisoners. ..."
2. In the Andamans and Nicobars: The Narrative of a Cruise in the Schooner by Cecil Boden Kloss (1903)
"Except in the northern islands, there are very few paths, and those merely tracks through grass and jungle; local transport and intervillage communication ..."
3. Drought and Famine Relationships in Sudan: Policy Implications by Tesfaye Teklu, Joachim Von Braun (1991)
"For example, there were significant intervillage variations in actual per capita distribution within the same district (Table 66). ..."
4. Tafilet: The Narrative of a Journey of Exploration in the Atlas Mountains (1895)
"... the tribe unites in the case of attack from without, all intervillage quarrels being left until the enemy is driven off. But so firm a position have the ..."
5. Employment for Poverty Reduction and Food Security by Joachim Von Braun (1995)
"Typically, project work is rotated among village cells. intervillage coordination is done at ward level, which represents a group of villages. ..."
6. GIS for Health and the Environment by Don De Savigny, Pandu Wijeyaratne (1995)
"... intervillage migration, rice cultivation, creation of borrow-pits that supports the breeding of An. culicifacies, the outreach of health services, ..."
7. Communities, Livelihoods and Natural Resources: Action Research And Policy by Stephen R. Tyler (2006)
"On several occasions, the mapping exercises led to the recollection of old intervillage territorial conflicts that threatened the cooperative spirit that ..."