¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Inturned
1. inturn [adj] - See also: inturn
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inturned
Literary usage of Inturned
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on nervous and mental diseases: For Students and Practitioners of by Landon Carter Gray (1895)
"14, and better seen upon the inturned surface of the hemisphere (as in Fig. 16) than upon the outward lateral surface. The convolutions of the occipital ..."
2. The Architecture, Stratification, and Pottery of Lerna III by Martha Heath Wiencke (2000)
"Type 2 inturned or carinated. probably dark- painted, rim fragments are recorded in ... From Serbati, both carinated and inturned type 2 rims arc published ..."
3. Contributions to the Study of the Early Development and Imbedding of the by Thomas Hastie Bryce, John Hammond Teacher, John Martin Munro Kerr (1908)
"Tho (loor of this forms the embryonic ectoderm which is necessarily at first concave (if inturned): the roof persists as the primitive amnion. ..."
4. Modern cycles: a practical handbook on their construction and repair by Alexander James Wallis-Tayler (1897)
"A separate elastic ring is located between each core and the side wall and inturned edge of the rim or felloe. The novel part of this invention is claimed ..."
5. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1904)
"It is only the posterior extremities of the mandible that are at all pneumatic, the usual pneumatic orifice being at the end of the inturned, ..."
6. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1905)
"The collar is simple, cleft, but in contact and slightly inturned dorso- medially. The dorsal half is low, of an even height, and has a slightly wavy margin ..."
7. Transactions of the American Entomological Society. by American Entomological Society (1890)
"... tbe lower part narrow, elongated with stiff' inturned hairs; lower plate truncate spatulate, with stiff inturned hairs. Venation: fore wings 11 veins. ..."
8. Reports of Patent, Design, and Trade Mark Cases by Great Britain Patent Office (1897)
"15 rubber was the best material with which to construct his inflatable tube and bring his invention into play with the metal rims inturned as shown in the ..."