Definition of Jalapenos
1. Noun. (plural of jalapeno) ¹
2. Noun. (plural of jalapeño) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Jalapenos
1. jalapeno [n] - See also: jalapeno
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jalapenos
jalapenos (current term)
Literary usage of Jalapenos
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Eat Your Food! Gastronomical Glory from Garden to Gut: A Coastalfields ...by Aaron Brachfeld, Aaron Brachfeld and Mary Choate, Mary Choate by Aaron Brachfeld, Aaron Brachfeld and Mary Choate, Mary Choate (2007)
"jalapenos are used in salsas, cooked dishes, pickled, canned, stuffed and roasted. Red jalapenos are dried and smoked and are then known as "chipotle chili. ..."
2. Home Plate: The Traveler's Food Guide to Cooperstown and Otsego County, NY by Brenda Berstler (2006)
"Fold in jalapenos. Cover dough with damp cloth and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours. When ready to fry, take dough out and let stand at room temperature for ..."
3. The Bahamas: A Taste of the Islands by Paris Permenter, John Bigley (2000)
"BRICK OVEN PIZZA: Traditional cheese pizza comes with your choice of toppings: green peppers, jalapenos, mushrooms, olives, onions, pineapple, bacon, ..."
4. Mexico, the Wonderland of the South by William English Carson (1909)
"... their dark, flashing eyes reminding the susceptible jalapenos of the truth of their local proverb. Upon my return to Vera Cruz from Jalapa, ..."
5. The Man who Likes Mexico: The Spirited Chronicle of Adventurous Wanderings by Owen Wallace Gillpatrick (1911)
"Nevertheless I was impressed by the vivacity and activity of the jalapenos. They are quite different in this .respect from any people I have met in my ..."
6. Adventure Guide Maui by Sharon Hamblin (2005)
"Some of my favorites are the made-in-Maui items, such as the Surfing Goat Dairy cheeses (try the Ole variation with jalapenos) and the lavender truffles. ..."
7. El Puchero: Or, A Mixed Dish from Mexico, Embracing General Scott's Campaign by Richard McSherry, David Holmes Conrad (1850)
"... and as it was on Sunday, the jalapenos were decked in their best apparel, making themselves an array much more showy than that of the army. ..."
8. Bolivia Adventure Guide by Vivien Lougheed (2003)
"... Avenida Arce and Pinilla #2557, « 243-4911, is behind jalapenos and is the best (maybe the only) Japanese restaurant in town. Of course, their specialty ..."