Definition of Jewish religion
1. Noun. Jews collectively who practice a religion based on the Torah and the Talmud.
Generic synonyms: Faith, Organized Religion, Religion
Specialized synonyms: Jewish Orthodoxy, Orthodox Judaism, Conservative Judaism, Reform Judaism
Group relationships: Jewry
Derivative terms: Judaical
Jewish Religion Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jewish Religion Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jewish Religion
Literary usage of Jewish religion
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Nicomachean Ethics of Aristotle by Aristotle (1891)
"Text Book of jewish religion. Second Edition, Revised. By M. FRIEDLANDER. ... The jewish religion. By M. FRIEDLANDER. Cr. Zvo, 55. Hebrew Language. ..."
2. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1908)
"... suppression of the jewish religion became the cause of the open revolt against Syrian overlordship, describes the changing results of this revolt under ..."
3. The Religion of Israel to the Fall of the Jewish State by Abraham Kuenen, Alfred Heath May (1883)
"Both are convinced that the jewish religion is destined and adapted to spread and to make conquests. But with respect to the manner in which this is to take ..."
4. The Works of Flavius Josephus, the Learned and Authentic Jewish Historian by Flavius Josephus, William Whiston (1850)
"... and her son Helena supplied the poor with Corn, when there hates, embraced the jewish religion; and how was a great Famine at Jerusalem. J 1. ..."
5. The Truth of Christianity: Being an Examination of the More Important by William Harry Turton (1905)
"THAT THE jewish religion IS CREDIBLE. (A.) INTRODUCTION. ... (B.) THE JEWISH RELIGION. (1.) Its partiality to the Jews ; but any Revelation must be more or ..."
6. The Jews and the English Law by Henry Straus Quixano Henriques (1908)
"... the Summary consequence of this method in which full legal recognition foregoing has been given to the jewish religion, it is time to bring amount ,, ..."
7. Papers of the Jewish Women's Congress: Held at Chicago, September 4, 5, 6 by Hannah G Solomon, Miriam Del Banco (1894)
"I believe sincerely that the influence of the jewish religion upon the home is a truth so deeply established that all liberal thinkers have but one opinion ..."
8. Select Documents of English Constitutional History by George Burton Adams, Henry Morse Stephens (1901)
"... and by the Authority of the same, as follows: I. Where it shall appear to either House of Parliament that a Person professing the jewish religion, ..."