2. Adjective. (slang) Being crazy. ¹
3. Adjective. (slang) Being jittery, fidgety, restless, excited. ¹
4. Adjective. (slang) Being extravagant, wonderful, excellent, enjoyable, exciting, stylish, cool, successful. ¹
5. Adjective. (slang) Having fun, enjoying oneself totally; losing one's inhibitions, especially when dancing or performing to music. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Jiggy
1. pleasurably excited [adj -GIER, -GIEST]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jiggy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jiggy
jiggy (current term)
Literary usage of Jiggy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Child's Own English Book: An Elementary English Grammar by Alice Eliza Ball (1920)
"jiggy growled fiercely and treed Teddy until the little bear thought, ... He came slowly down the pole, cuffed jiggy before the astonished bear could get ..."
2. English Music 1604 to 1904: Being the Lectures Given at the Music Loan by Worshipful Company of Musicians (1906)
"The least jiggy part of Ireland is Ulster, where Puritanical influences ... The most jiggy part of Ireland is down South, in the province of Munster. ..."
3. Brown Men and Women: Or, The South Sea Islands in 1895 and 1896 by Edward Reeves (1898)
"... they lay down their instruments and cut remarkable double shuffles on the main hatch to proper native, jiggy-jiggy dance tunes. ..."
4. The Passing of Korea by Homer Bezaleel Hulbert (1906)
"This jiggy is a unique national institution; as much so as the samovar ... The Korean sets his jiggy on the ground, and props it up with his forked stick. ..."