2. Noun. (plural of jock) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Jocks
1. jock [n] - See also: jock
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jocks
Literary usage of Jocks
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes of a Camp Follower on the Western Front by Ernest William Hornung (1919)
"And it brings me to the jocks themselves, who deserve a place apart from YMCA orderlies and the ... THE jocks First a word about this generic term of "Jock. ..."
2. Sporting Sketches at Home and Abroad by A. G. Bagot (1879)
"GENTLEMEN jocks. THERE are few things about which an Englishman is so touchy as his knowledge of a horse, or his powers of riding one. ..."
3. Road Scrapings: Coaches and Coaching by Martin E. Haworth (1882)
"... race-meeting— Gentleman " jocks "—A moral exemplified. LL matters connected with the management and treatment of horses are better understood in Austria ..."
4. History of Polled Aberdeen Or Angus Cattle: Giving an Account of the Origin by James Macdonald, James Sinclair (1882)
"... Jock 1 and Grey-breasted Jock 2—Account of the Keillor jocks—The Keillor cows Favourite and Beauty—Supplementary information respecting the pedigrees of ..."