Definition of John adams
1. Noun. 2nd President of the United States (1735-1826).
Generic synonyms: Chief Executive, President, President Of The United States, United States President
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Adams
Literary usage of John adams
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the People of the United States: From the Revolution to the by John Bach McMaster (1885)
"Long ere that time it was quite clear that john adams and Thomas Jefferson ... And who, it was asked, is john adams? Did anybody ever hear of him till seven ..."
2. The Writings of Thomas Jefferson. by Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Adgate Lipscomb, Albert Ellery Bergh (1905)
"300 john adams to Thomas Jefferson, July 9, 1813 303 john adams to Thomas Jefferson, July 13, 1813 306 To Dr. Samuel Brown, July 14, 1813 310 john adams to ..."
3. The American Historical Review by American historical association (1899)
"THE POLITICS OF john adams Ax the age of twenty-three john adams wrote in his ... Two years after the entry given above, john adams listened to the plea of ..."
4. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1898)
"john adams Second President of the United States (at the age of Ninety.) Stipple. [1825? ... 2308 From the Works of john adams, vol. 2 (Boston, 1850) p. ..."