Definition of John wilkes booth
1. Noun. United States actor and assassin of President Lincoln (1838-1865).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian, Assassin, Assassinator, Bravo
John Wilkes Booth Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: John Wilkes Booth Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Wilkes Booth
Literary usage of John wilkes booth
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Maryland Historical Magazine by Maryland Historical Society (1913)
"john wilkes booth— WHAT BECAME OF HIM? WILLIAM II. ... expressing doubt as to the death of his assassin, john wilkes booth; many asserting that his capture ..."
2. A Compilation of the Messages and Papers of the Presidents, 1789-1897 by United States President (1897)
"... in the city of Washington, and within the military department and military lines aforesaid, john wilkes booth, one of the conspirators aforesaid, ..."
3. American Book Prices Current (1921)
"TOWNSEND (GA)- The Life, Crime and Capture of john wilkes booth. NY, 1865. 8vo. ... john wilkes booth ..."
4. Universal Pronouncing Dictionary of Biography and Mythology by Joseph Thomas (1901)
"A desperate band of conspirators, of whom john wilkes booth, a native of Maryland, was the ringleader, had for some time entertained the design of seizing ..."
5. The Assassination of President Lincoln: And the Trial of the Conspirators by David E. Herold, Benn Pitman (1865)
"... to the box in said theater, in winch said | Abraham Lincoln was sitting at the time he was assaulted and shot, as aforesaid, by john wilkes booth; ..."