Definition of Jose clemente orozco
1. Noun. Mexican painter noted for his monumental murals (1883-1949).
Jose Clemente Orozco Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Jose Clemente Orozco Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Jose Clemente Orozco
Literary usage of Jose clemente orozco
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mexico's Pacific Coast by Vivien Lougheed (2004)
"The mural in the central stairway is by the famous painter jose clemente orozco, who lived from 1883 to 1949. Orozco is considered one of the three great ..."
2. Teaching The Best Practice Way: Methods That Matter, K-12 by Harvey Daniels, Marilyn Bizar (2005)
"... and jose clemente orozco. As the students (like any viewer) first looked at these works of art, they developed an initial emotional response. ..."
3. Charis: Essays in Honor of Sara A. Immerwahr by Sara Anderson Immerwahr, Anne Proctor Chapin (2004)
"jose clemente orozco, another major Mexican muralist, thought similarly. "The highest, the most logical, the purest form of painting is the mural," he wrote ..."
4. Cancun by Ulysses Travel Guides Staff (2004)
"... and jose clemente orozco were three of the leading painters of this period. Religion and Holidays Mexico's largely Catholic population is very devout as ..."
5. Mexico by Claude Hervé-Bazin (2000)
"The central staircase has a dramatic mural by jose clemente orozco. portraying Miguel Hidalgo proclaiming independence. To the east. the Plaza de la Li- ..."