Definition of Junco hyemalis
1. Noun. Common North American junco having grey plumage and eyes with dark brown irises.
Junco Hyemalis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Junco Hyemalis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Junco Hyemalis
Literary usage of Junco hyemalis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1886)
"junco hyemalis Nesting in a Bush. — Apropos of my description of the nesting of Junco carolinensis,* Mr. SN Rhoads, ..."
2. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1895)
"junco hyemalis thurberi ANTHONY, Zoe, I. Oct. 1890, 238. [B 352,part, C IT$, fart, ... Vicinity of Monterey, California. 567 ,•. junco hyemalis carolinensis ..."
3. Color Key to North American Birds: With Bibliographical Appendix by Frank Michler Chapman, Chester Albert Reed (1912)
"567g, junco hyemalis mearnsi, and the Range of this form is now given as "Rocky ... No. 567.1 Junco montanus, becomes No. 567f. junco hyemalis montanus. No. ..."
4. The Code of Nomenclature and Check-list of North American Birds Adopted by by American Ornithologists' Union (1886)
"junco hyemalis SCL. PZS 1857, 7. [8354, C 174, R 217. C 261.] HAB. North America at large, ... South in winter to the Gulf States. 567 a. junco hyemalis ..."
5. Michigan Bird Life: A List of All the Bird Species Known to Occur in the by Walter Bradford Barrows (1912)
"junco hyemalis hyemalis (Linn.). (567) Synonyms: Slate-colored Junco, Snowbird, ... junco hyemalis of most authors. Figure 116. Distribution. ..."