Definition of Juneau
1. Noun. The state capital of Alaska.
Generic synonyms: State Capital
Group relationships: Ak, Alaska, Last Frontier
Definition of Juneau
1. Proper noun. Capital of Alaska, a state of the United States of America. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Juneau Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Juneau
Literary usage of Juneau
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide Inside Passage & Coastal Alaska by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"Miners flooded into the area, working to get their share of the 6.7 million ounces of gold that the juneau fields produced between 1881 and 1944 - at a ..."
2. Handbook of Alaska: Its Resources, Products, and Attractions by Adolphus Washington Greely (1909)
"Dominated by Mount juneau, against whose background of sheer 3000 feet the town ... juneau is built on the slope of a steep mountain, and within its limits ..."
3. Investigation of the Department of the Interior and of the Bureau of by United States, Congress (1910)
"Copy of telegram from register and receiver, juneau, to James M. Sheridan, Xora- ber 24, 1909. ... Telegram from Clarence Cunningham to register at juneau, ..."
4. Collections of the State Historical Society of Wisconsin by State Historical Society of Wisconsin (1903)
"In the spring of 1835, a land office having been previously established at Green Bay, this land was brought into market, and Mr. juneau purchased a small ..."
5. The New America and the Far East: A Picturesque and Historic Description of by George Waldo Browne, Henry Cabot Lodge, Joseph Wheeler, Kogoro Takahira, John Davis Long, Leonard Wood, Charles Herbert Allen (1910)
"juneau, the present capital of Alaska, is situated on the mainland, ... It is flanked by Mount juneau rising sheer to a height of three thousand feet and ..."
6. Through the Yukon and Alaska by Thomas Arthur Rickard (1909)
"First the name of the town was changed to juneau, as described above, and when the District of Alaska was organized in 1900, the Harris Mining District ..."
7. The Freight Traffic Red Book by Traffic Publishing Co (1922)
"DECISIONS OF THE UNITED STATES SHIPPING BOARD offered to the carriers for transportation to the juneau territory they will be expected to apply just and ..."
8. Cruising Alaska: A Traveler's Guide to Cruising Alaskan Waters & Discovering by Larry H. Ludmer (2001)
"juneau juneau, with a population of 30000, is Alaska's capital city and has so far withstood attempts to move the capital closer to the population center of ..."