2. Noun. A water sport involving racing, or doing tricks in, a kayak ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Kayaking
1. the act or skill of managing a kayak [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kayaking Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kayaking
kayaking (current term)
Literary usage of Kayaking
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide Virgin Islands by Lynne M. Sullivan (2006)
"Parasailing, Windsurfing & kayaking Arawak Expeditions, based at Cruz Bay, ... In addition, they will arrange hiking, kayaking and snorkeling tours. ..."
2. Adventure Guide to the Pacific Northwest by Don Young, Marjorie Young (1999)
"kayaking kayaking is an extremely popular sport in coastal Washington, particularly in and around the San Juan Islands. Around San Juan Island, ..."
3. Adventure Guide to the Bahamas by Blair Howard (2002)
"Adventures on Water • Sea kayaking Kayak Nature Tours, 140 Seagate Lane, ... This outfit offers a comprehensive choice of nature and kayaking tours. ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Guatemala by Shelagh McNally (2003)
"kayaking The tranquil waters of Lake Petén are perfect for kayaking. Mornings, when the temperature is much cooler, is the best time. ..."
5. Costa Rica Alive! by Bruce Morris (2002)
"Tamarindo IGUANA SURF kayaking In the village of Tamarindo w 506-653-0148 kayaking in the estuary and combination kayak/snor- keling tours. ..."
6. Adventure Guide to New Hampshire by Elizabeth L. Dugger (2002)
"Sea kayaking Sea kayaking is a relatively new sport, with touring along the ... Adventure Learning offers an intro to sea kayaking during the summer on ..."
7. Adventure Guide to New Zealand by Bette Flagler (2005)
"kayaking & Canoeing New Zealand is the best place I've found to kayak. ... The Marlborough Sounds are my top choice for kayaking - the Queen Charlotte for ..."
8. Adventure Guide Maui by Sharon Hamblin (2005)
"Both centers can provide information on booking Moloka^i activities and tours including ocean kayaking, horseback riding, boat charters, waterfall tours, ..."