¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ketotic
1. ketosis [adj] - See also: ketosis
Medical Definition of Ketotic
1. Pertaining to ketone bodies; presence of acidosis due to excess ketone body production such as occurs in uncontrolled insulin-dependent diabetes. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ketotic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ketotic
Literary usage of Ketotic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"do not approach those seen in the clinically ketotic cow. When such "abnormal" values were seen in the present work this was the only apparent abnormality ..."
2. Diabetes in America by Ronald Aubert (1996)
"... non-ketotic coma (HNC), lactic acidosis (LA), and hypoglycemia. DKA and HNC are related to insulin deficiency. Hypoglycemia results from the treatment ..."
3. Acute Perinatal Asphyxia in Term Infants: Report of the Workshopedited by Linda L. Wright, Gerald B. Merenstein, Deborah Hirtz edited by Linda L. Wright, Gerald B. Merenstein, Deborah Hirtz (1997)
"Experience with dextromethorphan and high dose benzoate therapy in an infant with non-ketotic hyperglycinemia. J Pediatr 121:131-135, 1992. ..."
4. Economic Aspects of Diabetes: Selected Annotations by DIANE Publishing Company (1993)
"The primary objective of the study, which was trie reduction of the number of preventable diabetes-related hospitalizations (ketoacidosis, ketotic coma, ..."
5. Fasting: The Ultimate Diet by Allan Cott (1997)
""Glycémie Response to 24-Hour Fast in Normal Children and Children with ketotic Hypoglycemia." Journal of Pediatrics 82 (3) 1973: 438-43. ..."