Definition of Kilometers per hour
1. Noun. The ratio of the distance traveled (in kilometers) to the time spent traveling (in hours).
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kilometers Per Hour
Literary usage of Kilometers per hour
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. World Weather Extremes by Pauline Riordan (1985)
"has occurred on Mount Washington is apparently the 304 kilometers per hour 240 (189 miles per hour) estimated during the hurricane of 21 September 1938. ..."
2. Smithsonian Physical Tables by Smithsonian Institution, Frederick Eugene Fowle (1916)
"Since the velocity gained was 20 kilometers per hour in one minute, the acceleration was 1200 kilometers per hour per hour. Here /=; 100 ooo and ^=3600 ; . ..."
3. Transactions of the International Engineering Congress, 1915 (1916)
"The traveling speed attained is 65 kilometers per hour on the plains and 45 kilometers per hour in the mountains. The speed on the plains will be ..."
4. Stages to Saturn: A Technological History of the Apollo/Saturn Launch Vehicle by Roger E. Bilstein (1999)
"Two hours and 44 minutes after liftoff, over the southern Pacific, the S-IVB ignited and accelerated the spacecraft to 39 400 kilometers per hour—enough to ..."