Definition of Kirgizia
1. Noun. A landlocked republic in west central Asia bordering on northwestern China; formerly an Asian soviet but became independent in 1991.
Group relationships: Cis, Commonwealth Of Independent States
Generic synonyms: Asian Country, Asian Nation
Terms within: Bishkek, Biskek, Capital Of Kyrgyzstan, Frunze, Pamir Mountains, The Pamirs
Group relationships: Asia
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kirgizia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kirgizia
Literary usage of Kirgizia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Industry Attitudes to Steam Cycle Clean Coal Technologies: Survey of Current by IEA Coal Industry Advisory Board (1995)
"kirgizia. Uzbekistan. Armenia. Azerbaijan. Georgia. Syria. Lebanon. Jordan. Israel. Arabian Peninsula. China People's Republic of China tie excludes Hong ..."
2. Russian Militarys Role in Politics by James H. Brusstar, Ellen Jones (1996)
"... and kirgizia (30 October 1990). Moldova declared sovereignty on 23 June 1990, Georgia on 9 March 1990. Armenia declared independence on 23 August 1990. ..."
3. Russia's Democratic Moment? Defining U.s. Policy to Promote Democratic by William C. Martel, Theodore C. Hailes (1998)
"An example of the anticipated cooperation is contained in a bilateral agreement signed a few days later between Russia and the republic of kirgizia. ..."
4. Gazetteer of the Bombay Presidency by Sir James MacNabb Campbell, Reginald Edward Enthoven (1880)
"Further east there are few trap inliers. The chief are Vadai hill about ten miles north-east and kirgizia eight miles south of Bhuj, ..."
5. The 2nd Congress of the Communist International as Reported and Interpreted by United States Dept. of State (1920)
"Sultan-Zade, who called attention to the fact that the experience*"' the Russian proletariat in kirgizia, Turkestan, and other regii'; quite undeveloped in ..."