Definition of Kirgizstan
1. Noun. A landlocked republic in west central Asia bordering on northwestern China; formerly an Asian soviet but became independent in 1991.
Group relationships: Cis, Commonwealth Of Independent States
Generic synonyms: Asian Country, Asian Nation
Terms within: Bishkek, Biskek, Capital Of Kyrgyzstan, Frunze, Pamir Mountains, The Pamirs
Group relationships: Asia
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kirgizstan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kirgizstan
Literary usage of Kirgizstan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Strategic Value of Fossil Fuels: Challenges and Responses : Conference by International Energy Agency (1996)
"In the field of currency reform, one, kirgizstan, has already broken away from the ruble and is establishing its own currency regime. ..."
2. World Disasters Report: 1994 by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"In kirgizstan, children of poorer families are provided with coupons which entitle them to free food at school at lunch time. ..."
3. Project 2015: Power and Progress edited by Patrick M Cronin (1997)
"... claims to the Spratly Islands and to sovereignty over Taiwan, Beijing has certain claims on parts of Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, kirgizstan and Siberia. ..."
4. Oil and Gas Reserves of the Fergana Region, Uzbekistan, Tadzhikistan, and (1994)
"... KT, 1994, "Exploration drilling results, directions in kirgizstan," in Oil and Gas Journal, July 25,1994, v. 92, no. 30, p. 107, PennWell Publishing Co. ..."