Definition of Kuwait
1. Noun. A seaport on the Persian Gulf and capital of Kuwait.
Generic synonyms: National Capital
Group relationships: Koweit, State Of Kuwait
2. Noun. An Arab kingdom in Asia on the northwestern coast of the Persian Gulf; a major source of petroleum.
Group relationships: Arab League, Opec, Organization Of Petroleum-exporting Countries
Generic synonyms: Asian Country, Asian Nation
Group relationships: Middle East, Mideast, Near East, Gulf States, Asia
Terms within: Capital Of Kuwait, Koweit, Kuwait City
Member holonyms: Kuwaiti
Definition of Kuwait
1. Proper noun. Country in the Middle East. Official name: State of Kuwait. ¹
2. Proper noun. (alternative form of Kuwait City) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kuwait Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kuwait
Literary usage of Kuwait
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"kuwait is an independent Arab State whose relations with the United Kingdom ... kuwait bas a hot, dry climate with a summer season extending from April to ..."
2. The Clouded Lens: Persian Gulf Security and U.S. Policy by James H. Noyes (1982)
"On June 19, 1961, the ruler of kuwait exchanged letters with the British government that established kuwait as a fully independent state, bound to Britain ..."
3. Managing Water for Peace in the Middle East; Alternative Strategies by Masahiro Murakami (1995)
"Hydro-powered reverse-osmosis desalination in water-resources development in kuwait 3.1 Background and objectives 3.1.1 Background kuwait is located at the ..."
4. Energy Balances of Non-oecd Countries 2002-2003by International Energy Agency by International Energy Agency (2005)
"kuwait The time series has been revised from 1990 onwards. Data include 50 per cent of Neutral Zone crude oil output. Sources 2000-2003: Direct ..."
5. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"kuwait There was no significant change in the status of respect for religious freedom during the period covered by this report. Islam is the state religion; ..."
6. Landmine Monitor Report 2000: Toward a Mine-Free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (2000)
"In 1999 the kuwait Institute for Scientific Research established the "kuwait Environmental Information System" that records and plots the locations of mines ..."