Definition of Kuwaiti
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Kuwait.
2. Adjective. Of or relating to the kingdom of Kuwait or its people. "Kuwaiti ports"
3. Adjective. Of or relating to the capital of Kuwait or its residents. "Kuwaiti streets are lined with luxury stores"
Definition of Kuwaiti
1. Noun. A person from Kuwait or of Kuwaiti descent. ¹
2. Adjective. Of, from, or pertaining to Kuwait or the Kuwaiti people. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kuwaiti Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kuwaiti
Literary usage of Kuwaiti
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bedoons of Kuwait: "citizens Without Citizenship" by Human Rights Watch/Middle East, Aziz Abu-Habad (1995)
"Similarly, while a foreign woman may be naturalized when she marries a kuwaiti husband, a kuwaiti woman may not petition to have her foreign or stateless ..."
2. A Victory Turned Sour: Human Rights in Kuwait Since Liberation by Middle East Watch (Organization), Middle East Watch (Organization (1991)
"The kuwaiti Government's Responsibility The kuwaiti government, ... Second, the kuwaiti government is responsible because it encouraged and condoned the ..."
3. Iraq Speaks: Documents on the Gulf Crisis (1993)
"Demands that Iraq insure the immediate access to food, water and basic services necessary to the protection and well-being of kuwaiti nationals and of the ..."
4. Human Rights in the Middle East by DIANE Publishing Company (1992)
"kuwaiti authorities have yet to bring to justice any of the accused violators. Instead, the kuwaiti foreign ministry has asked the Philippine embassy and ..."
5. The U. N. Role in the Persian Gulf and Iraqi Compliance with U. N. Resolutions by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Return of Property The ceasefire resolution also provided for UN supervised transfe- of kuwaiti property stolen by Iraq. After a slow start, ..."
6. Human Rights Watch World Report 1992 by Human Rights Watch (Organization (1991)
"Under kuwaiti Nationality Law (70/1966), however, children of a kuwaiti mother married to a non-kuwaiti citizen do not automatically acquire kuwaiti ..."
7. Oil Monarchies: Domestic and Security Challenges in the Arab Gulf States by F. Gregory Gause (1994)
"In 1977 the government propped up prices on the "official" stock market (which is limited to kuwaiti public shareholding companies) by purchasing shares, ..."