Definition of Kyanized
1. Verb. (past of kyanize) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Kyanized
1. kyanize [v] - See also: kyanize
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Kyanized Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Kyanized
kyanized (current term)
kyasanur forest disease
Literary usage of Kyanized
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Annual of Scientific Discovery, Or, Year-book of Facts in Science and Art by David Ames Wells, Charles Robert Cross, John Trowbridge, Samuel Kneeland, George Bliss (1850)
"kyanized ROPE. CONSIDERABLE attention has been excited by the Maysville establishment ... This kyanized rope is said to be superior to the Manilla for river ..."
2. Transactions by National Association of Cotton Manufacturers, New England Cotton Manufacturers' Association, Institution of Public Health Engineers (Great Britain) (1890)
"I have shown an instance here of a post that had been kyanized that has been in the ... That post was purchased two years before it was kyanized, and it was ..."
3. Notes on Track: Construction and Maintenance by Walter Mason Camp (1904)
"The latter road used kyanized hemlock ties for about ten years, beginning in 1882. The strength of the solution was one part of the bichloride to 100 parts ..."
4. Handbook on Wood Preservation by American Wood-Preservers' Association (1916)
"kyanized ties laid on Baltimore & Ohio Railroad. 1843. Parkes treated wood with caoutchouc ... New York Central Railroad used kyanized cross-ties. 1850. ..."
5. Civil Engineer and Architect's Journal (1842)
"About 337000 cubic feet of timber were kyanized, ¡li.- U..-I.IKI: expense of which, including part of the first cost of the tanks, *»> «lumi lid. per cubic ..."
6. Minutes of Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers by Institution of Civil Engineers (London) (1848)
"On the Effects of the Worm on kyanized Timber exposed to the Action of Sea Water, ... kyanized oak timber has been tried on the back of these paddles, ..."
7. Hand-book of Chemistry by Leopold Gmelin, Henry Watts (1852)
"Hence corrosive sublimate forms an insoluble compound with woody fibre. kyanized wood remains unaltered in a mould- pit for 5 years, whereas that which has ..."