Lexicographical Neighbors of Laika
laika (current term)
Literary usage of Laika
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Memoirs of the Geological Survey of India by Geological Survey of India (1865)
"On the north of laika, the descending section from the ... of the strata on laika ; on the east and west tho dips are almost as transverse as on the north. ..."
2. A Russian Province of the North by Aleksandr Platonovich Engelhardt, Henry Cooke (1899)
"Mashka would then make a rush for the yards, whither neither the laika nor the white bear could follow her. Then the latter in his turn, if sorely pressed, ..."
3. Gazetteer of Upper Burma and the Shan States by James George Scott, John Percy Hardiman (1901)
"laika.—A village in the Myitkyina subdivision and district, containing three ... Above laika is a long narrow island or rather strip of islands known as the ..."
4. Spell & Write, Grade 4 by Evan-Moor Educational Publishers, Christine Hood (2005)
"O laika and Ham are space heroes. O laika and ham are space heroes. O laika ar|d Ham are space heroes. 2. Which sentence has correct capitalization? ..."
5. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1891)
"... (laika). Season 1886-90. No 5 NW (4th edition). Parts of Mandalay, Sagaing, ... (laika), Maing Kaing ..."
6. Central Asia and Tibet by Sven Anders Hedin (1903)
"For to my surprise the shepherds of Keng-laika told me that the more northerly of the two depressions which we had crossed in the desert rejoined the ..."