Definition of Lake okeechobee
1. Noun. A lake in southeast Florida to the north of the Everglades.
Group relationships: Everglade State, Fl, Florida, Sunshine State
Generic synonyms: Lake
Lake Okeechobee Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lake Okeechobee Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lake Okeechobee
Literary usage of Lake okeechobee
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Secretary of Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1892)
"Passing from the Kissimmee Eiver through lake okeechobee, we come to the ... The northern shores of lake okeechobee are fringed with a very little muck, ..."
2. Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Plan: Additional Water Quality Projects by Barry Hill (2000)
"One act created the lake okeechobee Protection Program, ... The act requires that the state's actions to clean up lake okeechobee be coordinated with, ..."
3. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1883)
"The dredge upon the Caloosahatchee entered lake okeechobee on the 21st of December. Up to December 1, 1882, the company report that they had expended ..."
4. Nature's Strongholds: The World's Great Wildlife Reserves by Laura Riley, William Riley (2005)
"Others include Big Cypress National Preserve; lake okeechobee and Lake Kissimmee; Corkscrew Swamp Audubon Sanctuary; Florida Bay; Fakahatchee Strand State ..."
5. Inside Route Pilot by U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey, Leon Archie Potter, Herbert Cornelius Graves (1916)
"Boats of 3 feet draft at low-water stage (191C) can go from Fort Lauderdale through the North New River Drainage Canal to lake okeechobee, and this is the ..."
6. Putnam's Magazine (1910)
"The Everglades occupy more than half that portion of the State of Florida south of lake okeechobee— the largest fresh water lake wholly within the United ..."