Definition of Lam into
1. Verb. Hit violently, as in an attack. "The fighter managed to lam into his opponent"
Lam Into Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lam Into Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lam Into
Literary usage of Lam into
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Commentary on the Book of Daniel by Moses Stuart (1850)
"But still he puts Ruth into one book with Judges, and Lam. into one with Jeremiah ; whereas the Talmud separates both of these, and throws them into the ..."
2. The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia by James Orr (1915)
"Still later others divided S, K, Ch, Ezr-Neh and Jer-lam into two books each respectively and thereby obtained 27, which they fancifully regarded as ..."
3. A Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason and ...by Thomas Bayly Howell by Thomas Bayly Howell (1816)
"... him the nature of man, and put lam into that glorious union with his own Son : and that he should leave the ..."
4. Hand-book of Chemistry by Leopold Gmelin, Henry Watts (1852)
"If one of the rhombic lam into be observed, under the microscope while it is turning red, it will bo found that the red colouring progresses by ..."
5. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1868)
"It abo attracted attention to the editor, led the way to promotion, and finally inducted lam into the Bishopric of Dromore, in Ire- l;md, where he died in ..."
6. A Malay-English Vocabulary Containing 6500 Malay Words Or Phrases with Their by William Girdlestone Shellabear (1902)
"K-da'lam, into. Ma'so/c k-da'lam, to go in ; to go into a king's palace (court language). O'n,rg da'lam, royal household. Da'lam (36, Note), deep; depth. ..."
7. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1837)
"thought very extraordinary that Mr Pitt did not send for him, and put lam into Parliament, that he might clap an extinguisher on Sheridan and Foi. ..."