Definition of Lanceolate leaf
1. Noun. A leaf shaped like a lance head; tapering to a point at each end.
Lanceolate Leaf Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lanceolate Leaf Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lanceolate Leaf
Literary usage of Lanceolate leaf
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Flora of Pennsylvania by Thomas Conrad Porter (1903)
"Corolla-tubes triangular-lanceolate : leaf-blades broadest above the middle : seeds not winged. 7. ..."
2. Flora of Miami: Being Descriptions of the Seed-plants Growing Naturally on by John Kunkel Small (1913)
"Leaf-blades linear to narrowly linear-lanceolate : leaf-sheaths glabrous or ... Leaf-blades lanceolate, elliptic or oblong-lanceolate : leaf-sheath hirsute. ..."
3. Leaves and Flowers, Or, Object Lessons in Botany: With a Flora : Prepared by Alphonso Wood (1891)
"lanceolate leaf of the Flowering Almond. Fig. 12. Narrow lanceolate leaf of the Weeping Willow. Fig. 13. Deltoid leaf of the White Birch. 15. ..."
4. Corinthian Hellenistic Pottery by G. Roger Edwards (1975)
"934 (C-34-2007). Wall fragment. Max. dim. 0.045. Max. dim. 0.07. lanceolate leaf with five 935 (C-37-2725). Fragment, medallion zone and inner lines. ..."
5. Flora Cestrica: An Attempt to Enumerate and Describe the Flowering and by William Darlington (1837)
"... finally "expands into a short lanceolate leaf"; but, as far as I have observed, th«re is a leaf finally protruded from the upper sheath, which is quite ..."
6. The Testimony of the Rocks: Or, Geology in Its Bearings on the Two by Hugh Miller (1871)
"There is first a lanceolate leaf, from two and a half to three inches in ... There is next a simple ovate lanceolate leaf, from four to five and a half ..."