¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Landlessness
1. [n -ES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Landlessness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Landlessness
Literary usage of Landlessness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nutrition and Development by Margaret R. Biswas, Per Pinstrup-Andersen (1985)
"Rural poverty and landlessness in Pakistan, in Poverty and landlessness in rural Asia. ILO, Geneva. Palmer, I. (1977). Rural poverty in Indonesia with ..."
2. Linkages Between Government Spending, Growth, and Poverty in Rural India by Shenggen Fan, Peter Hazell, Sukhadeo Thorat (1999)
"The estimated equation (12) for the incidence of rural landlessness shows that growth in TFP does lead to an increase in landlessness. ..."
3. Waging the Global War on Poverty: Strategies and Case Studies by Raundi Halvorson-Quevedo, Hartmut Schneider (2000)
"In a participatory poverty assessment survey landlessness was ranked by peasant farmers among the top five poverty issues (Opio, ..."
4. Poverty, Household Food Security, and Nutrition in Rural Pakistan by Harold Alderman, Marito Garcia (1993)
"However, since 38 percent of the households are landless, this indicates that landlessness is not a precise screening mechanism. ..."
5. Participatory Development: Learning from South Asia by Ponna Wignaraja (1991)
"The evidence suggests that the incidence of landlessness is still high in South Asia, particularly in Sri Lanka and India. Moreover, there appears to be a ..."
6. Employment for Poverty Reduction and Food Security by Joachim Von Braun (1995)
"Because of land shortage or changes in landholding patterns, landlessness has increased and the new entrants to the rural labor force are increasingly ..."