Definition of Lanius borealis
1. Noun. A butcherbird of northern North America.
Lanius Borealis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lanius Borealis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lanius Borealis
Literary usage of Lanius borealis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Ibis by British Ornithologists' Union (1892)
"Another Asiatic Shrike allied to lanius borealis is Lanius mollis, Eversmann, which inhabits the Altai range and Turkestan, and has been recorded by Mr. ..."
2. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"lanius borealis borealis Vieillot is replaced in western North America by Lanius borealis invictus ..."
3. Birds of the Kotzebue Sound Region, Alaska by Joseph Grinnell (1900)
"... recorded north casually to San Jose, Chico and Marysville. 395 (621, part) lanius borealis invictus Grinnell. NORTHWESTERN SHRIKE. SVN. ..."
4. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1851)
"He supposes these gentlemen, in representing this bird with only one pateh on the primaries, have mistaken for it the lanius borealis, or the Lanius ..."