Definition of Lariats
1. Noun. (plural of lariat) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Lariats
1. lariat [v] - See also: lariat
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lariats
Literary usage of Lariats
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Antiquary by Edward Walford, John Charles Cox, George Latimer Apperson (1889)
"The young man then rose, and one of the operators fastened the lariats, ... Before tearing himself from the lariats he seized the drum with both hands, ..."
2. An Excursion to California Over the Prairie, Rocky Mountains, and Great by William Kelly (1851)
"... Crystalised Incrustations—Prairie Dog Town—Appearance and Habits of the Animal—Accident to the Mules—Use of lariats—Scarcity of Firewood— Unerring Signs ..."
3. Twenty Years Among Our Hostile Indians: Describing the Characteristics by James Lee Humfreville (1903)
"... Tribe of Cliff Dwellers— Their Famous Blankets—Their Handiwork and Skill—Horsehair lariats—Beautiful Earthen Ware—How they Purified and Cooled Water—How ..."
4. Across the Rocky Mountains, from New York to California: With a Visit to the by William Kelly (1852)
"... Night—More Crystallised Incrustations—Prairie Dog Town—Appearance and Habits of the Animal—-Accident to the Mules—Use of lariats—Scarcity of ..."
5. The Prairie and Overland Traveller: A Companion for Emigrants, Traders by Randolph Barnes Marcy (1860)
"Making lariats. — Making Caches.—Disposition of Fire-arms. — Colt's Revolvers.— Gun Accidents.—Trailing. — Indian Sagacity. BIVOUACS AND TENTS. ..."
6. Argosy All-story Weekly edited by Frank Andrew Munsey (1900)
"I tied the lariats together as best I could, and Bald Eagle fastened his about the rock. This left nearly half the length of his lasso free to be ..."
7. My Life on the Plains: Or, Personal Experiences with Indians by George Armstrong Custer (1874)
"Two long lariats were securely fastened to the halter. At the end of one was my brother. I officiated at the end of the other, with the pony standing midway ..."
8. Classification of the Collection to Illustrate the Animal Resources of the by George Brown Goode (1876)
"lariats and lassos : lariats with rope noose, made from hair, hemp, and rawhide. lariats with metal noose. (Chilian bird-lariat.) 11. LOADED LINES. (Bolas. ..."