Definition of Lateral condyle
1. Noun. A condyle on the outer side of the lower extremity of the femur.
Medical Definition of Lateral condyle
1. Condyle farthest from the midline. Synonym: condylus lateralis. (05 Mar 2000)
Lateral Condyle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lateral Condyle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lateral Condyle
Literary usage of Lateral condyle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham, Arthur Robinson (1914)
"The anterior cruciate ligament is attached to the lateral condyle, whilst the posterior is fixed to the medial condyle of the femur. ..."
2. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"The lateral condyle is the more prominent and is the broader both in its antero-posterior and transverse diameters, the medial condyle is the longer and, ..."
3. The Anatomy of the human skeleton by Henry Morris, John Ernest Frazer (1914)
"The lateral articular surface is smaller, somewhat circular in shape, and presents an almost plane surface for the lateral condyle. ..."
4. A Laboratory Manual of Anthropometry by Harris Hawthorne Wilder (1920)
"Greatest dorso-ventral length of the lateral condyle; taken with the SC across the bone, at right angles to the axis. SC. *22. Greatest dorso-ventral length ..."
5. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1913)
"That portion of the fascia transplant which lay over the lateral condyle has completely disappeared. The denuded bone is rough, but is covered over by a ..."
6. Anatomical terminology, with special reference to the (B N A) by Lewellys Franklin Barker (1907)
"... tuberosity) Shin bone Superior articular surface Body or shaft of tibia Medial condyle (OT internal tuberosity) lateral condyle (OT external tuberosity) ..."