Definition of Lateral epicondylitis
1. Noun. Painful inflammation of the tendon at the outer border of the elbow resulting from overuse of lower arm muscles (as in twisting of the hand).
Generic synonyms: Epicondylitis, Tendinitis, Tendonitis, Tenonitis
Medical Definition of Lateral epicondylitis
Lateral Epicondylitis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lateral Epicondylitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lateral Epicondylitis
Literary usage of Lateral epicondylitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Physical Fitness: A Guide for Individuals with Spinal Cord Injury by David F. Apple, Jr. (1996)
"lateral epicondylitis lateral epicondylitis, or "tennis elbow" is an overuse injury ... Tennis players develop lateral epicondylitis as the result of poor ..."
2. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Selected Referencesby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Tennis Elbow, technically called lateral epicondylitis, results from such actions as driving screws for a full shift with an inward twist of the forearm. ..."
3. Cumulative Trauma Disorders in the Workplace: Bibliography by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... Ganglion cyst lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) Medial epicondylitis (golfer's elbow) Bicipital tendonitis Rotator cuff tendonitis Peripheral Nerve ..."
4. Choosing a Wheelchair System edited by Seldon P. Todd, Jr. (1992)
"... system may appear, eg, osteoarthritis of the shoulders, elbows, and wrists; rotator cuff tears; bursitis; lateral epicondylitis; and tenosynovitis. ..."