Definition of Lathyrus splendens
1. Noun. Shrubby California perennial having large pink or violet flowers; cultivated as an ornamental.
Group relationships: Genus Lathyrus, Lathyrus
Generic synonyms: Wild Pea
Lathyrus Splendens Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lathyrus Splendens Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lathyrus Splendens
Literary usage of Lathyrus splendens
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biennial Report by South Dakota, California State Board of Horticulture, State Athletic Commission (1890)
"lathyrus splendens owes its name to the pioneer botanist of California, the late Dr. Albert Kellogg, whose botanical labors are so well known. ..."
2. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1898)
"lathyrus splendens, a beautiful species of Southern California, is figured in the Gardeners' Magazine for February 12. Vanilla is considered with respect to ..."
3. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th Series by California academy of sciences (1877)
"... compressed, centre depressed, the thickened margin transversely corrugated; about 12-seeded. lathyrus splendens. K. Stem-climbing, perennial, ..."
4. Gardeners Chronicle, the Horticultural Trade Journal (1897)
"lathyrus splendens. Tais handsome creeper has been in flower for some time past in the Cape House at Kew, where its brilliant scarlet flowers attract much ..."