Definition of Leadbelly
1. Noun. United States folk singer and composer (1885-1949).
Generic synonyms: Composer, Guitar Player, Guitarist, Singer, Vocaliser, Vocalist, Vocalizer
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leadbelly
Literary usage of Leadbelly
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Black Ants And Buddhists: Thinking Critically And Teaching Differently in ...by Mary Cowhey by Mary Cowhey (2006)
"... what little I knew about it, that it originated as an African American work song in the South, and that leadbelly (Huddie Ledbetter) had recorded it. ..."
2. Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang (2006)
"... 1934- ~ "leadbelly Gives an Autograph," Black Magic Poetry 1961-1967, 1969 Music, which is organized auditory information, helps organize the mind that ..."
3. Jazz on Film and Video in the Library of Congress by Rebecca D. Clear (1994)
"Also includes numbers by leadbelly, Jelly Roll Morton and King Oliver on the soundtrack. SEE ALSO St. Louis Blues and The Seven Lively Arts. The Sound of ..."
4. Wisdom for the Soul of Black Folk by Larry Chang, Roderick (CON) Terry (2007)
"1934 ~ "leadbelly Gives an Autograph," Black Magic Poetry 1961-1967, 1969 Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don't understand ..."