Definition of Legal status
1. Noun. A status defined by law.
Generic synonyms: Position, Status
Specialized synonyms: Civil Death, Villainage, Villeinage, Citizenship, Marital Status, Minority, Nonage
Legal Status Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Legal Status Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Legal Status
Literary usage of Legal status
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Legal and Political Status of Women in Iowa: An Historical Account of the by Ruth Augusta Gallaher (1918)
"... XI RECAPITULATION OF legal status THE foregoing chapters indicate how, step by step, women in Iowa have secured rights and privileges denied to their ..."
2. History of the Negro Race in America from 1619 to 1880: Negroes as Slaves by George Washington Williams (1882)
"WHEN the Revolutionary War began, the legal status of the Negro slave was clearly ... The question naturally arose as to his legal status during his new ..."
3. The Negro in Chicago: A Study of Race Relations and a Race Riot by Chicago Commission on Race Relations (1922)
"... A. legal status OF NEGROES IN ILLINOIS The legal status of Negroes in Illinois differs in no respect from that of white persons. ..."
4. American Annals of the Deaf by Conference of Executives of American Schools for the Deaf (1907)
"THE legal status OF THE DEAF IN FRANCE. Chapter VI.—Testamentary Acts of Deaf-Mutes. IN France a will may be holographic, public, or mystic. ..."
5. The Continental Legal History Series by Association of American Law Schools (1918)
"Guardianship of habitual drunkards is an innovation of the present Civil Code. The Swiss Civil Code has also adopted it (§ 370). § 11. legal status of ..."