Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leidger Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leidger
leidger (current term)
Literary usage of Leidger
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Archives of Maryland by Maryland Historical Society (1899)
"Coll° Casparus A: Herman \ j Col° S' leidger Codd and ( Majr John Thompson Upon calling over the house the following Members were absent (viz:) Cap' Thomas ..."
2. A Glossary: Or, Collection of Words, Phrases, Names, and Allusions to by Robert Nares, James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps, Thomas Wright (1872)
"... leidger, or LEDGER, *. A resident or ambassador at a foreign court, or a person stationed to wait on the service of another. ..."
3. A Glossary: Or, Collection of Words, Phrases, Names, and Allusions to by Robert Nares, James Orchard Halliwell-Phillipps, Thomas Wright (1901)
"LEIGER, leidger, or LEDGER, *. A resident or ambassador at a foreign court, ... 163. f For humours to lie leidger they ;uc seen Oft in a tavern, ..."
4. The Military Forces of the Crown: Their Administration and Government by Charles Mathew Clode (1869)
"... Office every three month To keep three Journals; one for Receipts, one for Returns, and or for Issues, and a leidger wherein to post the said Receipts, ..."
5. A Catalogue of the Manuscripts Preserved in the Library of the University of by Cambridge University Library (1867)
"Transcripts and extracts from the famous leidger book of Waltham abbey, ... Transcripts from a leidger book of Mattel abbey. MS. Barley' [3586.] pp. ..."
6. The Parliamentary Or Constitutional History of England, from the Earliest by Great Britain Parliament, Great Britain (1763)
"... enter the * fame into his leidger-Book; and in the End of * the Year, the faid 500 /. was put into the gene- ' ral Account of the Farm, as a Gratuity to ..."