Definition of Leisure time
1. Noun. Time available for ease and relaxation. "His job left him little leisure"
Specialized synonyms: Free Time, Spare Time, Holiday, Vacation, Playday, Playtime
Generic synonyms: Time Off
Derivative terms: Leisurely
Leisure Time Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leisure Time Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leisure Time
Literary usage of Leisure time
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the Rise and Progress of the Arts of Design in the United States by William Dunlap, Frank William Bayley, Charles Eliot Goodspeed (1918)
"Being led to miniature painting on ivory, I have employed my leisure time in fancy subjects, such as might best illustrate female beauty and grace. ..."
2. A Girl's Life Eighty Years Ago by Eliza Southgate Bowne (1887)
"my leisure time, and that is stolen from the hrs. devoted to sleep. I would give anything for one line from you this moment. How delighted I shall be when I ..."
3. Suomalais-englantilainen sanakirja by Severi Alanne (1919)
"in one's Idle bours, during one's leisure time. ... leisure (time), spare time; time Off; ..."
4. The Play Movement and Its Significance by Henry Stoddard Curtis (1917)
"HOW THE YOUNG PEOPLE ARE SPENDING THEIR leisure time Having found the numbers and ages of the young people, the next subject of inquiry should be how they ..."