Definition of Lemmon
1. Noun. United States film actor (1925-2001).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lemmon Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lemmon
Literary usage of Lemmon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Arguments and Speeches of William Maxwell Evarts by William Maxwell Evarts (1919)
"BRIEF AND ARGUMENT IN THE NEW YORK COURT OF APPEALS IN THE lemmon SLAVE CASE NOTE In November, 1852, Jonathan lemmon and Juliet lemmon, his wife, ..."
2. Heroes of California: The Story of the Founders of the Golden State as by George Wharton James (1910)
"Such heroes undoubtedly were John Gill lemmon and his noble wife, formerly Miss Sara ... Professor John Gill lemmon first saw the light of day in a large, ..."
3. History of Pittsburgh and Environs: From Prehistoric Days to the Beginning by George Thornton Fleming (1922)
"BRICE WALTER lemmon—Brice Walter lemmon, president of the BW lemmon Company, ... Mr. lemmon is a son of Walter Reed and Mary Elizabeth (May) lemmon. ..."
4. Extraordinary Cases by Henry Lauren Clinton (1896)
"IN 1852 Jonathan lemmon with his family left Norfolk, Virginia, and arrived in New York City with several slaves, on his way to Texas. ..."
5. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1915)
"Outing 65:596-7 RS lemmon. 11 Outing 65:303-7 D '14 Individuality in sport. R. . ... RS lemmon. 11 Outing 65:417-21 Ja '15 Up the big Peribonka. EW Sanborn. ..."
6. Condensed Reports of Decisions in the Supreme Court of Ohio by Phineas Bacon Wilcox, Charles Hammond, Ohio Supreme Court (1832)
"No time was fixed for procuring and making these deeds: On the 18th day of January, 1816, Wm. Waters entered into another contract in writing, with lemmon, ..."
7. A Genealogical Register of the First Settlers of New England: ... To which by John Farmer (1829)
"lemmon, ROBERT, Salem 1637, was admitted to the church, ... 1641, and probably freeman in 1642, instead of Robert Looman, which doubtless should be lemmon. ..."
8. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of King's Bench: Band by Graham Willmore, Frederick Luard Wollaston, Henry Davison, Great Britain Court of King's Bench, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber (1839)
"... by a certain indenture then made between George lemmon of the one part, and the said plaintiff, Mary Ann Ayling (then Mary Ann lemmon) of the other part ..."