Definition of Lesser rorqual
1. Noun. Small finback of coastal waters of Atlantic and Pacific.
Generic synonyms: Razorback, Rorqual
Group relationships: Balaenoptera, Genus Balaenoptera
Lesser Rorqual Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lesser Rorqual Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lesser Rorqual
Literary usage of Lesser rorqual
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh by Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh (1906)
"It was sold by the Board of Trade for the small sum of £2. No example of this whale had been identified* in the Firth of Forth since 1808. lesser rorqual ..."
2. A History of British Quadrupeds, Including the Cetacea by Thomas Bell, Robert F. Tomes, Edward Richard Alston (1874)
"THE lesser rorqual was first described by Fabricius under the name of ... regarded the lesser rorqual as the young of a larger species, but it is now well ..."
3. Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh by Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh (1906)
"lesser rorqual ... The carcase of a lesser rorqual was washed ashore to the east of Barnes-ness Lighthouse, ..."
4. British Mammals: An Attempt to Describe and Illustrate the Mammalian Fauna by Harry Hamilton Johnston (1903)
"THE lesser rorqual, OR PIKE WHALE This whale is quite commonly captured or stranded on ... The lesser rorqual is the smallest of all this family of whales. ..."