Definition of Lesser yellow trefoil
1. Noun. Clover native to Ireland with yellowish flowers; often considered the true or original shamrock.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lesser Yellow Trefoil
Literary usage of Lesser yellow trefoil
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Systematic Arrangement of British Plants by William Withering, William Macgillivray (1837)
"lesser yellow trefoil. Heads hemispherical; common flower-stalks straight, stiff; standard nearly even ; stems prostrate ; common leaf-stalk very short. ..."
2. The History of the County of Derby by Stephen Glover (1829)
"... yellow, in sandy arabica, heart trefoil or claver, meadows and pastures, May minus, lesser yellow trefoil, dry pastures, June to July, yellow striatum, ..."
3. The East Neuk of Fife: Its History and Antiquities by Walter WOOD (1887)
"Zigzag Trefoil (T. medium) ; roadside, Charlton ; June and July. Lesser Yellow Trefoil (7". minus); Bowhouse; June and July. ..."
4. Hortus Kewensis; Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1812)
"Engl. lot. 1256. • Trifolium procumbens. Curtis land. Lesser yellow Trefoil. Nat. of Britain. Fl. June and July. H. 56. ..."