¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Leveed
1. levee [v] - See also: levee
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Leveed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Leveed
Literary usage of Leveed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the International Engineering Congress, 1915 (1916)
"Practically none of the land was then leveed. It was estimated that should the flood of 1904 be repeated under the present leveed conditions of the river ..."
2. DeBow's Review ...: Agricultural, Commercial, Industrial Progress & Resources by James Dunwoody Brownson De Bow, R. G. Barnwell, Edwin Q. Bell, William MacCreary Burwell (1858)
"The point at Algiers, opposite New Orleans, ha« never been leveed, nor raised artificially, nor has it been overflowed within the memory of man, ..."
3. The Imperial Valley and the Salton Sink by Harry Thomas Cory, William Phipps Blake (1915)
"The estimate of future gage height under a completely leveed river is based ... With a completely leveed river it would be expected that the flows for the ..."
4. Riparian Damages on the East Bank of the Mississippi River by United States Congress. House. Committee on the Judiciary (1912)
"When the Missouri River was first undertaken to be leveed there was so much money assigned to ... It is leveed on one side, the right bank, the entire way. ..."
5. Riparian Lands of the Mississippi River, Past--present--prospective: Being a by Frank H. Tompkins (1901)
"A thorough investigation of the River Po story revealed the fact that during a period of two centuries of its leveed history, in some places in the upper ..."
6. Mississippi River, Its Hydraulics, Value and Control by Executive committee (1890)
"To bolster this theory, its advocates allege that the bottom of all leveed rivers in Europe, notably the Danube, Po, Rhine, Ganges, Arno, Tiber, and Rhone, ..."