Definition of Levied
1. Verb. (past of levy) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Levied
1. levy [v] - See also: levy
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Levied Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Levied
Literary usage of Levied
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"Execution was immediately issued on this judgment and levied on the bankrupts' stock of goods. On the 30th May, Hotchkiss & Son obtained a judgment against ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"Section 811: "Executions may be levied by either of the- officers to whom directed, or other officer, who, by law may be authorized in their place; ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1885)
"It is true that express limitation on the amount of tax to be levied or things to be taxed may be imposed by constitution or statute, but in most instances ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery: During by Great Britain Court of Chancery, Edward Thurlow Thurlow, Alexander Wedderburn Rosslyn, Jonathan Cogswell Perkins (1844)
"The fine was levied of the manors of three different places; ... As to the other objection; here is a fine levied of all the land of Sir Edward Every. ..."
5. The Federal and State Constitutions: Colonial Charters, and Other Organic by Francis N. Thorpe, United States (1909)
"No tax shall be levied except in pursuance of law. SEC. 5. ... No tax shall be levied upon persons for the benefit of any chartered company of the State, ..."
6. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1920)
"Williams, as receiver, sued defendant IDO error in the United States District Court for | New Jersey to enforce *an assessment against * her levied by the ..."