¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Lichenological
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lichenological Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lichenological
Literary usage of Lichenological
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society by Linnean Society of London (1873)
"lichenological observations made in a tour iti Lapland in 1864. Proc. li. ... Report on a lichenological tour in North Hungary. Trans. Zool. Bot. Soc. ..."
2. Bibliographical Index of North American Fungi by William Gilson Farlow (1905)
"Under Tuckerman and Willey are given the principal references to this species in North American lichenological literature. Grev. Scot. Crypt. Fl. 4 : pi. ..."
3. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1908)
"All other lichenological works by the same author. Trans. Amer. Philosoph. Society, vol. 4, 1831. Journal of Morphology, vol. i; also incomplete. ..."
4. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1877)
"... and the titles of articles in botanical journals close the number. Flora, No. 13. Dr. George Winter, lichenological notices (continued in No. 14). F. v. ..."
5. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences by New York Academy of Sciences (1916)
"Professor Bruce Fink has recently gone to Porto Rico for mycological and lichenological study, intending to remain there for several months, ..."
6. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"... the father of lichenological science, different authors have proposed different classifications of lichens, according to the degree of importance ..."