Definition of Liens
1. Noun. (plural of lien) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Liens
1. lien [n] - See also: lien
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Liens Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Liens
Literary usage of Liens
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Law and Practice in Bankruptcy Under the National Bankruptcy Act of 1898 by William Miller Collier, William Horace Hotchkiss, Frank Bixby Gilbert, Fred Eugene Rosbrook (1921)
"Where creditors having liens upon the real estate of a. bankrupt have received notice of an application lor an order to sell such real estate free from ..."
2. The American and English Encyclopedia of Law by David Shephard Garland, John Houston Merrill, Charles Frederic Williams, Thomas Johnson Michie (1890)
"Improvement liens (See infra, liens Upon Real Property} Improvement liens), 613. ... There are three classes of liens, or three sources from which they are ..."
3. The Principles of Equity: A Treatise on the System of Justice Administered by George Tucker Bispham, Joseph Degu McCoy (1916)
"Equitable liens. The last equitable rights which will be noticed are liens. ... There are several of these equitable liens, one of the most important of ..."
4. Introduction to American Law: Designed as a First Book for Students by Timothy Walker (1887)
"I have included liens under the head of contracts, because though they may exist ... liens may attach cither to realty or personalty ; and I shall consider ..."
5. The Law of Contracts by Theophilus Parsons, John Melville Gould (1904)
"Statutes conferring liens for the benefit of mechanics and other ... of such liens : such as notice to the owner of the property in certain cases, ..."
6. The Law of Contracts by Theophilus Parsons, Samuel Williston (1893)
"liens. *277 •SECTION VI. *277 OF EQUITABLE liens. There are certain liens which exist only in equity ; such as vendor's and ..."
7. A Treatise on Equity Jurisprudence, as Administered in the United States of by John Norton Pomeroy (1899)
"General nature and tendency of American legislation on this subject; varions examples. 11269. How such liens are enforced. § 1268. ..."
8. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1919)
"Accounts upon which subcontractors' liens are based, some of which contain general items such as "by contract $10000," will be upheld, where the account on ..."