Definition of Lighting fixture
1. Noun. A fixture providing artificial light.
Terms within: Diffuser, Diffusor
Generic synonyms: Fixture
Lighting Fixture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lighting Fixture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lighting Fixture
Literary usage of Lighting fixture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by National Electric Light Association (1911)
"... a semi-indirect lighting fixture in which a certain percentage of the light is allowed to pass through the inside reflector and the outer glass casing, ..."
2. EMF Electrical Year Book by Electrical Trade Publishing Company (1921)
"Empire lighting fixture Co., 224 Centre St., New York, NY Everson & Co., C G., ... Frankford lighting fixture Manufacturers. 4273-75 Frankford Ave., ..."
3. The Lighting Art: Its Practice and Possibilities by Matthew Luckiesh (1917)
"The lighting fixture is a means to an end; its place is always between the meter and the eye. For this reason it is, doubtless, the most important factor in ..."
4. Hygiene of the Eye by William Campbell Posey (1918)
"Four types of lighting fixture are available, classified according to the mode of support, or the position they occupy in the room—ceiling fixtures, ..."