Definition of Lipscomb
1. Noun. United States chemist noted for his theories of molecular structure (born in 1919).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lipscomb Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lipscomb
Literary usage of Lipscomb
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Law Reports by Great Britain Court of Chancery, George Wirgman Hemming (1869)
"lipscomb. V.-CM 1868 Mortgagor and Mortgagee—Original Debt and Further ... In 1851 Charles lipscomb mortgaged freehold estates to secure £1500 and interest. ..."
2. Publications of the Mississippi Historical Society by Franklin Lafayette Riley, Mississippi Historical Society (1901)
"His father, Dr. WL lipscomb, has for many years been a prominent physician and ... Professor lipscomb spent the summer of 1899 in making a literary tour of ..."
3. Hampshire Allegations for Marriage Licences Granted by the Bishop of by William John Charles Moens, Church of England Diocese of Winchester (1893)
"lipscomb, Christopher, of St. Bartholomew [Hyde], near Winchester, ... lipscomb, John, of Newton Valence, husbandman, & Mary Hill, of the в., ер., ..."
4. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1905)
"It is claimed that "the court erred in decreeing to AJ lipscomb, as assignee of WH lipscomb, any sum whatever, and especially in decreeing to him the sum of ..."
5. Cases Argued and Adjudged in the Supreme Court of Florida by Florida Supreme Court (1878)
"lipscomb—Syllabus. granted by the judge. (Thomp. Dig., 452.) The persons composing the ... JOHN B. lipscomb, APPELLEE, AND JOHN B. lipscomb, APPELLANT, vs. ..."