Definition of Llamas
1. Noun. (plural of llama) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Llamas
1. llama [n] - See also: llama
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Llamas Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Llamas
llamas (current term)
Literary usage of Llamas
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Amazon Provinces of Peru as a Field for European Emigration: A by Herbert Guillaume (1888)
"The use of mules is limited .to transporting loads which are unsuitable in form, weight, or volume for llamas. The use of the former, however, ..."
2. Los Gringos: Or, An Inside View of Mexico and California, with Wanderings in by Henry Augustus Wise (1849)
"... through long lines of paved streets, until we pulled up in front of the palace, at the house of Don Domingo llamas, to whom I had letters. CHAPTER XXXI. ..."
3. Peru by William Hickling Prescott (1900)
"The flocks of llamas, or Peruvian sheep, were appropriated exclusively to the Sun and to the Inca." Their number was immense. They were scattered over the ..."
4. History of the Conquest of Peru by William Hickling Prescott, John Foster Kirk (1904)
"... the number as well as magnitude of the flocks of llamas which they saw browsing on the stunted herbage that grows in the elevated regions of the Andes. ..."
5. History of the Conquest of Peru: With a Preliminary View of the Civilization by William Hickling Prescott (1858)
"The flocks of llamas, or Peruvian sheep, were appropriated exclusively to the Sun and to the Inca.i3 Their number was immense. They were scattered over the ..."
6. Narrative of the United States Exploring Expedition, During the Years 1838 by Charles Wilkes (1852)
"... of Country—St. Rosa de Quivi—Y'aso—Obrajillo—Difficulties in procuring Mules —Beauty of Situation—llamas—Rioters—Plundering of ..."
7. Publications by Parker Society (Great Britain) (1907)
"P. 40,. 8, for meet read meat. P. 52,., for sycomore read sycamore. P.,. 20, for of read of the. P. 263,., for llamas read lamas. ..."