Definition of Llullaillaco
1. Noun. A mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile (22,057 feet high).
Generic synonyms: Mountain Peak
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Llullaillaco Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Llullaillaco
Literary usage of Llullaillaco
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wild Winds: Adventures in the Highest Andes by Ed Darack (2001)
"llullaillaco can be seen in its entirety from close range; I could pick out individual ... llullaillaco is farther to the north and would place us conve- ..."
2. Statement Presented on Behalf of Chile in Reply to the Argentine Report by Chile (1902)
"( ) cipal point of the chain of hills between Tecar and the Cerro Inca, Cerro Inca, Cerro de la Zorra Vieja, Cerro de llullaillaco, llullaillaco Gap, ..."
3. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"... and runs south-westerly and southerly to the mountain and volcano summits of Rincón, Socompa, llullaillaco, Azufre, Aguas Blancas and Sierra Nevada, ..."
4. The Earth and Its Inhabitants by Élisée Reclus (1894)
"... and llullaillaco (21670). These, also, despite their great altitude and easy access, are little known, ..."
5. The Standard Dictionary of Facts: History, Language, Literature, Biography by Frontier press company, Buffalo (1919)
"... Africa 19700 Lassen California 10577 llullaillaco Chile, 21000 Mauna Kea Hawaii 13953 Misti Peru 20015 Maun i Loa Hawaii 13600 Orizaba Mexico, ..."