Definition of Logistic support
1. Noun. Assistance between and within military commands.
Generic synonyms: Support
Specialized synonyms: Integrated Logistic Support, International Logistic Support, Mutual Aid, Interagency Support, Interdepartmental Support, Inter-service Support
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Lexicographical Neighbors of Logistic Support
Literary usage of Logistic support
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Recurring Logistic Problems as I Have Observed Them by Carter Bowie Magruder (1994)
"CHAPTER 3 logistic support of Contingency Plans Ever since the armies of Genghis Khan swept across most of Asia and Europe, virtually without any logistic ..."
2. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"... procurement, production, materiel distribution, and logistic support, when so assigned. When intended to relate to a specific system manager, ..."
3. Chinese Views of Future Warfare by Michael Pillsbury (1997)
"Under modern technology, the new characteristics of regional wars create even more requirements for logistic support of our army, I centering on the general ..."
4. Where No Man Has Gone Before: A History of Apollo Lunar Exploration Missions by William D. Compton (1996)
"About a logistic support system, he said only that it continued to be an objective and that studies would continue to determine the best way to carry larger ..."