Definition of Low status
1. Noun. A position of inferior status; low in station or rank or fortune or estimation.
Generic synonyms: Position, Status
Specialized synonyms: Inferiority, Lower Rank, Lower Status
Antonyms: High Status
Derivative terms: Low, Low
Lexicographical Neighbors of Low Status
Literary usage of Low status
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Nation and the Schools: A Study in the Application of the Principle of by John Alexander Hull Keith, William Chandler Bagley (1920)
"... of this low status in the inadequacy of the existing agencies for the preparation of teachers. THE IMPORTANCE AND DIFFICULTIES OF RURAL EDUCATION The ..."
2. The Importance Of Women's Status For Child Nutrition In Developing Countries by Lisa C. Smith (2003)
"Women with low status may face difficulty in even perceiving the need for ... Women of low status are believed to have a higher total fertility rate than ..."
3. Strategic Education Research Partnership by Suzanne Donovan, Alexandra K. Wigdor, Catherine E. Snow (2003)
"None of Miss A's former students were classified as low status, and 64 percent of her students achieved high adult status although they were ..."
4. Mental Health, United States, 1998 edited by Ronald W Manderscheid, Marilyn J Henderson (1999)
"... the increasing prevalence of the less severe depressive problems as one goes from low status city to high status inner fringe neighborhoods for ..."
5. Criminal Victimisation in the Developing World edited by Ugljesa Zvekic, Anna Alvazzi Del Frate (1996)
"Such fear was mostly expressed by the respondents residing in low status residential areas whose security relied mostly on their day to day relationship ..."
6. Gender Equality and Investments in Adolescents in the Rural Philippines by Howarth E. Bouis (1998)
"25 Note that this definition associates "preferred" and "low-status" foods with high and low income elasticities, and not with (unobservable) individual ..."
7. Hindu Castes and Sects: An Exposition of the Origin of the Hindu Caste by Jogendra Nath Bhattacharya (1896)
"The Javala Brahmans have a low status on account of their serving as cooks, and their habit of eating fish. They are found chiefly in the Kankan. § 4. ..."
8. Explaining Child Malnutrition in Developing Countries: A Cross-Country Analysis by Lisa C. Smith (2000)
"Regarding women's status, low status restricts women's opportunities and ... In short, low status restricts women's capacity to act in their own and ..."