¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Luetic
1. one infected with syphilis [n -S]
Medical Definition of Luetic
1. Syphilitic: affected with, caused by or pertaining to syphilis. This entry appears with permission from the Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology (11 Mar 2008)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Luetic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Luetic
luetic (current term)
Literary usage of Luetic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of Pharmacology and Its Applications to Therapeutics and Toxicology by Torald Hermann Sollmann (1922)
"This type of reaction (which may also occur with mercury alone) has been attributed to the liberation of luetic toxins, while the late "neuro- recurrences" ..."
2. Serology of Nervous and Mental Diseases by David Michael Kaplan (1914)
"PART II THE SEROLOGY OF NERVOUS AND MENTAL DISEASES OF NON-luetic ETIOLOGY GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS NON-SYPHILITIC nervous and mental diseases have no direct ..."
3. A Text-book of Psychiatry for Physicians and Students by Leonardo Bianchi (1906)
"While this distinction is convenient and furnishes points of guidance in the diagnosis, it must, however, be agreed that luetic dementia is not confined ..."
4. Röntgen Ray Diagnosis and Therapy by Carl Beck (1904)
"luetic DESTRUCTION OF FRONTAL UONE. ARTHRITIS DEFORMANS The nature of arthritis deformans is virtually the same as that of arthritis, the Fio. 207. ..."
5. The Treatment of Syphilis by Harrie Sheridan Baketel (1920)
"... CHLORIDE OF GOLD TESTS IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND CONTROL OF THE VARIOUS FORMS OF luetic INFECTION The Wassermann Reaction.—It is incomprehensible to think of ..."