¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Lumpiness
1. [n -ES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lumpiness Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lumpiness
Literary usage of Lumpiness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1920)
"Lumpy Artificial Line Closed at Zero EMF lumpiness Transients. ... This lumpiness transient may be regarded as being produced by oscillatory disturbances ..."
2. Artificial Electric Lines: Their Theory, Mode of Construction and Uses by Arthur Edwin Kennelly (1917)
"As, however, the subdivision of the lumpiness is effected by placing the same total ... however, a smooth line, which evidently has no lumpiness error. ..."
3. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1911)
"A nominal IJ artificial line is unable correctly to imitate the behavior of an actual transmission line-wire, owing to the lumpiness error, just Z=R-HX - ..."
4. A Treatise on diseases of the skin for advanced students and practitioners by Henry Weightman Stelwagon (1916)
"... can scarcely • .r .trier maladies—the peculiar lumpiness of the parts, i the hair and hair loss, the history, and finally, in jpic examination, ..."
5. The Application of Hyperbolic Functions to Electrical Engineering Problems by Arthur Edwin Kennelly (1916)
"... ¡_ (6) "ft Correcting for lumpiness, however, on a T-line, ... ohms ¡_ (7) "ft In the case- of a 77-line, the lumpiness correction, as in (98) page 37, ..."
6. The Book of Cheese by Charles Thom, Walter Warner Fisk (1918)
"lumpiness is due to uneven curing. If too much moisture is present, the body will be soft and mushy; if not enough moisture, the body will be hard and dry. ..."
7. The Art of Dispensing: A Treatise on the Methods and Processes Involved in edited by Peter MacEwan (1901)
"The lumpiness was due to formation of zinc salicylate, the. water of the lanoline ... As the lumpiness arose on keeping, it was avoided by completing the ..."