Definition of Luncheon meeting
1. Noun. A meeting for lunch; usually to conduct business while eating.
Luncheon Meeting Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Luncheon Meeting Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Luncheon Meeting
Literary usage of Luncheon meeting
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Safety Engineering (1915)
"THE organization committee of the •*• council at a meeting on March 5 decided to call a noon-day luncheon meeting of all of the members and representatives ..."
2. Proceedings [of The] ... Annual Meeting by National Civil Service League (1919)
"luncheon meeting—1:30 PM HE luncheon meeting consisted of a symposium on the merit system for higher offices. The presiding officer at the luncheon was Hon. ..."
3. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings ... Annual Forum by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association, Conference of Charities (U.S., Conference of Charities (U.S.), National Conference of Social Work (U.S. (1919)
"THE INTER-RELATION OF EDUCATION AND CHILD WELFARE A luncheon meeting of the Division on Children, with public school teachers of Kansas City, ..."
4. Transactions of the Commonwealth Club of California by Commonwealth Club of California (1921)
"The largest luncheon meeting was that of June 26th, when William J. Bryan addressed the members, 805 being served luncheon and about 100 additional ..."
5. The Journal of the Association of Collegiate Alumnae by Association of Collegiate Alumnae (U.S.) (1918)
"luncheon meeting (Saturday) At the luncheon, at which the councillors were seated by colleges, reports were given from the various college endowment ..."
6. Paul Robert Hanna: A Life of Expanding Communities by Jared Stallones (2002)
"... simply may have been understood that he was to be a part of the group (Johnson 1977, 70). A group of 35 or 40 people attended a luncheon meeting at the ..."
7. Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1919)
"... Branch November 25: luncheon meeting, at which officers were elected for fiscal year. DETROIT September 6: Address on the Hog Island Shipyard, ..."